Child Custody Modification Attorneys

Board Certified Family Lawyers in Burbank

Court orders regarding the legal agreements made by a divorced couple may need to be modified when circumstances that affect one or both parents arise in life. While such circumstances must be significant for a judge to even consider changing the original decree, if things do change, especially when they can affect the best interests of any children involved, a judge will review a well-prepared modification petition and decide accordingly.

If you feel the child custody agreements made at the time of your divorce need to be modified, you should first speak to a knowledgeable lawyer.

Making a child custody decision that is truly in the best interest of the child or children is the guiding principal of California divorce law. Whatever the parent's situation may be, if they want to move for a better job or feel they deserve more frequent visitation, the judge will only change an existing custody agreement if it can be shown that it clearly benefits the child.

Our firm's lawyers have been helping parents understand and reach the best possible child custody arrangements for many years. We know every family and every situation is unique and personal. We can offer you our years of experience in successfully helping our many clients resolve their problems in a creative and individual fashion.

What circumstances qualify for modification?

  • There are a number of circumstances that could require a change in your child custody agreement including any of the following:
  • A parent with sole physical custody wishes to move to a different city or state and take their children with them.
  • Your schedule or job duties have changed and you wish to spend more time with your children.
  • Your ex-spouse has been arrested for a crime or has recently been released from jail.
  • Your ex-spouse has a new relationship and you have suspicions about their behavior or attitude towards your children.
  • One parent becomes aware the other is involved in substance or alcohol abuse that could endanger the children.

If any of these or other significant change occurs that you feel warrants a modification in your existing child custody agreement you should call our offices at (818) 672-1562 and consult with one of our attorneys.

Hear From Our Past Clients

  • Retaining Scott and Mauricio was by far, one of the best decisions I have made.

    - Lauren T.

  • I was impressed and confident they would help me and my family.

    - Richard A.

  • Scott went to war for our family and got my kids home when I really did not have any hope.

    - Anonymous

  • I recommend them and will use them if need be in the future.

    - Charles S.

  • The result of their work was that our issue was resolved completely to our satisfaction with great long term results.

    - Charlie

  • I recommend them to all my family and friends, not just because we got the results I wanted, but because of their excellent client service!

    - Alana C.

Contact Fusco & Clarke

If you or a family member needs help with cases that involve juvenile law, family law, juvenile dependency, child abuse accusations or adoption, our legal team is well-qualified to provide you with legal representation.

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.